Thursday, February 28, 2013

What is done is done... (Featuring Blake's Mac n Cheese Recipe)

I know I know I know. I haven't been writing and it is supposed to be Tasty Thursday. Well I might leave you with a recipe but I have no photos to go with it today!

I'm trying really I am. When I sit down I never know what to write about and tonight I'm making boxed pancakes for dinner!

I have had some things going on in my life that could have been avoided if I'd been more responsible  maybe one day I will get more in detail, but they have been making me crazy. I'm stressed some days, sad others, angry at times and all in all it puts me down in the dumps. Being in the dumps makes me not want to do much of anything. Slowly but surly I am getting there and I feel good tonight because I just jumped one of the heralds and now I hope its slightly smooth sailing from here on out!

One thing I would like to discuss is how awesome Pure Romance is. So I haven't been doing this for long, I haven't even had my first party yet (its this Saturday 3/2), but I already feel like I'm going to do good! I already gave my business card out a few times and I wasn't even trying to I was just doing normal every day things! I love it! I can't wait for my first party I'm so nervous but I'm so excited!

On top of that I got an interview for a company I worked for last year but in a different department, reservations to be exact. So I get to sit all day and book hotel rooms and dinner reservations for people at the Sweetest Place on Earth! I shouldn't have left in the first place but that is either here nor there anymore.

What is done is done and it has to be dealt with accordingly. I highlight that because it is true. We can't control what happens even if its something we could have avoided! One decision can change everything for better or worse and we just have to take it, embrace it and deal with it. If you don't like the decision don't complain about it do something about it! Complaining is not going to get your anywhere doing something on the other hand that will get you where ever you want to go. Another thing is don't blame anyone else for it, you made the decision again you have to get on with it and fix it or improve it.

Moral is despite the things you've done you are the only one who has the ability to change the direction in which your life is going. So challenge yourself this week. Do something you've been putting on whether it be something small like organizing your storage room, which we all know used to be a bedroom haha, or something major like enrolling for school! Just do it! I promise you will feel better about everything and things just have a way of working themselves out. We can thank the man with the plan for that.

Have a great night and seriously no excuses!

Brittni<3

P.S. Remember that recipe I said I might leave you with? Here it is!

Blake's Mac n Cheese (aka my dad's mac and cheese)

1 box of elbow noodles
1lb of extra sharp cheddar cheese
5-10 saltine crackers, crushed (bread crumbs can work)
4 table spoons butter
1/4 cup milk

Boil the noodles according to package. Shred your cheese. Grease a casserole dish with butter.
Once your noodles are cooked and cooled add a layer of noodles, then a layer of cheese, layer of noodles layer of cheese... etc. Your last layer should be cheese then you put the crackers on top and 4 slabs of butter. Pour milk along the sides of the casserole. (Milk is just to insure the mac n cheese won't dry out) Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 45 mins. Serve with sweetened stewed tomatoes for classic PA Dutch FLAVA!

No comments:

Post a Comment