Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gibberish and a DIY tutorial!

Good evening everyone! I've been working on my post for my curtains for over an hour and I've realized that I haven't taken all the necessary pictures! Go me. So I just really wanted to give a little check in and let y'all know I'm still alive and I haven't given up!


I do apologize that I don't have more to say about this post but why make something sound difficult when its not! haha
I promise I will have my curtain post up by the end of the week, I've been surprisingly busy for someone who doesn't have a job!

I did tell you all I signed up for Pure Romance Well I finally received my starter kit and I think I am going to really like it. I do have a lot to learn though so any consultants out there with some tips that would be great!

Now onto the tutorial!!

So since my living room curtains are not done yet I thought I'd share my bathroom shade with you!

My bathroom is so out dated it is pink and black with a blue tub and toilet! YAY me! So we've slowly been updating our bathroom starting with small things like the pull down shade and other accessories.

This is a tutorial on how to cover your bathroom shade with fabric!

Pretty shade. Ugly bathroom.


First  you'll need, a Wal-mart shade, fabric, a glue gun and glue sticks.

Open your shade completely and measure the width of the shade so you know how wide to cut your fabric. Make sure you cut about a half inch extra on each side so you have enough to fold over and glue.

Lazy measuring....
Once you have you fabric cut line it up and start gluing. Start with the bottom of the shade so you can make a nice fold on each corner.

That's it! Simple!  It is best to glue small sections at a time that way you aren't racing your glue! This is great to do if you don't feel like buying curtains or don't have the time to make curtains. I also got sheer white curtains to go with this, just so the window doesn't look as naked. Unfortunately those will not be going up until the bathroom is finished!


I hope everyone enjoyed this tutorial, feel free to leave me some feed back or ask any questions :)

Brittni

No comments:

Post a Comment